Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Week in Review

9 September 2011, original date of writing
Transcribed from travel notebook

It's been one week since I started my adventure, though already it feels like much longer. Before I moved out life seemed to be flying by, each day represented only a short window of time to get things done and there never seemed to be time left over to actually live. I was stuck in the rat race; my weeks would come and go in the blink of an eye and I wouldn't have anything to show for them. I lived constantly with the fear that one day I'd wake up to find myself an old man with a wasted life. I can happily say it's not the case anymore. Ever notice how much more time there seems to be during the day when you're camping? The regular household distractions aren't there to steal time (and thus life) away from you; you wake up in the morning to the sun rising and the whole day is yours. This is how the first week has been and it's amazing.

So yes the experience has been good to me so far. Every morning I've woken up to the first morning rays of the sun feeling invigorated, well rested, and completely ready for the challenges of the day. There has been some stressful occassions along the way (i.e the first night, finding out not all snap fitness locations have showers, being forced to find a new campsite at 11pm, etc), but not once since I got started have I questioned my decision to do this. Honestly it's been a blast, and while I still have much work to do to make this a working lifestyle, I can see things only getting easier as I adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment